In Denbighshire we have 8 community living schemes, one of whichis a registered respite home for 3 people. We provide homecare/support and are the out of hours response team for Telecare throughout the County.
We have over 40 fully trained support staff . The Operations Manager has many years experience in social care and is also the Registered Manager of the registered respite home and line manages the team of 6 House Managers.
For the Community Living Schemes – ‘You work in my home, I do not live in your work’ is our watchword. Our fully trained support staff enable the service users to live an independent life and support and enable them to carry out daily living tasks.
- The Link House is a registered 3 bed home in Denbigh. At the Link House we offer a home from home experience and carry out activities, go on days out etc,. We provide support to people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and complex needs.
- The staff team enable the service users to enhance their skills to carry out day to day and independent living skills.
- The staff team encourage the service users to achieve outcomes and goals and all of this is carried out using the model of Person Centered Planning.
- We support we provide to service users that live in the community, whether it be on their own or with their parents is individualized and customized to the service user.
- For the service users who live on their own, the support varies from support with cleaning, shopping, finances, making and attending appointments to arranging holidays etc.
- For the service users who live at home with family members, we provide support to access activities in the community.
- In Denbighshire we have a team of support workers who form the Out Of Hours Emergency Response Team for Telecare.
- This service is provided through Denbighshire County Council.
- All staff are fully trained and are provided with the necessary equipment to carry out their role.
- Our call outs consist of a varied mixture from personal care to making a snack..